Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lame-o


This is a little embarrassing...  This is something I started doing when I was depressed and living inter-state was to escape my current reality for a short time. I really didn't need anything too emotionally draining or too intellectually challenging as I was reading lit at uni and exhausted myself looking for meaning in novels. So..... I started reading 80's teen romance novels, shameful I know. 


BUT, look I can rationalise my actions:

  1. I was a poor, no cash student and the local salvo's was selling these for something like $0.60
  2. I was studying, and couldn't afford to "get lost" in a good book and these literary master peices were in 12 pt by 200 pages and only took... about an hour to read which made a good study break
  3. I was desperately unhappy at the time and these books offered corny lines and happy endings
  4. Have a look at the titles and cover images. HI-LAR-I-OUS!
So there.
Anyway, for what it's worth "Heart & Soul" (pictured) was especially lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment